JBDC’s Annual Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) celebrations are back for 2023! And, for the first time since 2019, it will be held fully face-to-face.
This year’s GEW Celebrations will be hosted in association with Sagicor Bank, lead partner for the week’s activities.
GEW 2023 will be recognised during the period, November 12-17, 2023 and will be hosted under the theme: D.R.I.V.E: Developing Rich Industry Value Chains for Export.
The theme is significant as it is designed to highlight the JBDC’s world-class incubators which are located at our Incubator & Resource Centre in Kingston, as well as, drive innovation and production in the manufacturing sector. The spaces were recently renovated to equip producers to work in line with international production standards, thereby boosting exports.
Global Entrepreneurship Week 2023 kicks off with a celebratory Church Service on Sunday, November 12, 2023.
Significantly, JBDC will also mark the 60th Anniversary of the Things Jamaican brand during the week of activities.
The activities for the rest of the week include:
• November 13 – Official Opening of JBDC Agro-Processing Incubator & Innovation Challenge
• November 14 – Opportunity Hour: Essential Oils Demo Day
• November 15 – Fashion & Artisanal Showcase
• November 16 – Raising Capital: Mini Business Expo & Pitch Competition
• November 17 – Things Jamaican™ 60th Anniversary Early Christmas Trade Show Watch this space for your invitation to participate in GEW 2023!