The MICAF/JBDC VIP Oasis- ‘Nature Refined’ booth at the Denbigh Agricultural, Industrial and Food Show was abuzz with excitement and activity for the three consecutive days of the event held August 5-7 at the Denbigh Show ground Clarendon.
Showcasing the ‘Farm to Table’ concept, the Oasis presented several product categories featuring local entrepreneur products. These include Taste Jamaica which showcased value added agricultural products such as packaged seasonings, condiments, jams and jellies. Of course, food and drink tastings were available in abundance through partnerships with Wallenford Coffee, Portland Authentic Jerk, Barcode, Ashebre the Virtual Restaurant, Champion Enterprise, E.G Wellness and Moveable Feast.
The Oasis also showcased Feel Alright, which captured aromatherapy products such as scented candles, skin care products, soaps as well as a live Spa experience. This was facilitated through partnership with Javanese Mind and Body Wellness Centre and Island Rituals.
The space was also had other activities such as a lounge area in which patrons could view the World Championship games, flair bartending and taste intricate cocktail mixes.
The space also hosted several government officials including:
- Governor General, His Excellency the Most Honourable Sir Patrick Allen
- Prime Minister, The Most Honorable Andrew Holness and his wife, Member of Parliament, The Most Honorable Juliet Holness
- Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture & Fisheries, The Hon. Karl Samuda
- Minister of State, Ministry of Finance & Public Service, The Hon. Rudyard Spencer
- President on the Jamaica Agricultural Society, Norman Grant