THE UPDATED MSME & ENTREPRENEURSHIP POLICY (2018)
The MSME sector is supported by the Updated MSME & Entrepreneurship Policy (2018). On July 3, 2018, the updated MSME & Entrepreneurship Policy was tabled in the Houses of Parliament as a White Paper.
The policy presents the goals that will support the MSME sector throughout the entrepreneurship process.
The goals of the policy are:
- An enabling business environment that results in growing levels of formality in the economy;
- The availability of innovative and inclusive financial systems that are appropriate, affordable and accessible throughout the MSME business lifecycle;
- Timely, relevant and measureable business development and capacity building services that are available to the MSME sector island wide;
- A culture of entrepreneurship and Innovation that promotes creativity, research and development in business operations and throughout the education system;
- The seamless integration of cross cutting issues in the sector are weaved seamlessly into major programmes to ensure inclusive growth. The Updated MSME & Entrepreneurship Policy will serve as a roadmap for the implementation of key activities in the MSME sector.